Pages

February 16, 2011

Youth Programs Showcase 2011

For our February meeting we again had a joint meeting with the Birmingham Au Pairs. Because I had asked everyone to save Sunday, Feb. 13th for our meeting I found myself rather limited in choices of things to do. Fortunately I stumbled across information about a "Youth Programs Showcase" with tickets just within my price range: $20. So that's where we went.

Let me tell you, I am so, so glad we did. The performance was absolutely fantastic. Okay, so maybe I wouldn't have picked certain songs, or maybe I didn't like their interpretation of some of the numbers, but the incredible talent of these young people on stage was so amazing, that it didn't matter if some of it wasn't to my taste. There were approximately 90 performers, ranging in ages from 5 to 18. The performed over 20 songs, from Broadway, movies, and pop culture, complete with costumes and choreography. I was in 7th heaven. (Have I mentioned that I'm a big fan of musicals and live performances?)

I was disappointed that fewer than half of the Au Pairs were able to come. I won't see most of the Birmingham Au Pairs again because they'll have their new Area Director next month, and I also missed seeing some of my own Au Pairs - one of whom is leaving this month and I probably won't see her again either. Once the performance began I was sad so many hadn't come for another reason: I was sad they missed this incredible event. Next month I think we're going to go bowling, but I plan on scheduling another live performance outing before too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment